Open All | Close All
- What prizes were offered in the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery - 2014?
- 3 Daily Cash Prizes of $5,000, everyday of the year
- 52 Weekly Cash Prizes of $10,000
- 12 Bonus Holiday Jackpots of $12,000
- 17,000 Cash Back Prizes of $25 (February 5,000, June 5,000 and September 7,000)
- 12 Monthly Cash Prizes of $50,000
- 1 Early Bonus Cash Prize of $20,000
- 1 Early Bird Cash Prize of $200,000
- Can I win more than once?
- Absolutely. After each winning calendar token (number) is drawn and recorded, it is returned to the drum and is eligible for all subsequent draws.
- How will I know if I've won a prize?
- Winners will be posted every weekday on Facebook, Twitter and on the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery winner's website or you can inquire by calling 1-877-660-3424 (GTA 416 667-3424). All winners will be notified by mail. Major cash winners may also receive a call. Please allow a minimum of 4 weeks for delivery of cheques. All prizes will be awarded to the purchaser. Cheques will be made payable to the primary ticket holder and mailed to the purchaser. In the case of giftees, cheques will be payable to the giftee (if allocated at the time of purchase) and mailed c/o the purchaser's address. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to allocate winnings as necessary. Winners agree to the use of their name and photo for publicity purposes by the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- How will I know if I have won a Cash Back prize?
- Cash Back draws will occur on February 5th, June 4th and September 3rd, 2014. Winners will only be available via our Winners Search on the day following the draws. Visit our Winners Search page to search for your name. All Cash Back winners will be notified by mail. Please allow a minimum of 4 weeks for delivery of cheques. All prizes will be awarded to the purchaser. Cheques will be made payable to the primary ticket holder and mailed to the purchaser. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to allocate winnings as necessary.
- How do I claim my prize?
- You will receive a letter and your cheque from the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery within 4 weeks of the draw date. If you won and have not received the letter and cheque 4 weeks after the draw, please call customer service at 1-877-514-7763 (GTA 416 514-7763) or by email. Monthly and Holiday Jackpot winners will require 2 pieces of ID and will claim their prize at a local Heart and Stroke Foundation office
- When can I expect my prize?
- All Prizes will be delivered within 4 weeks of the Draw date. If you have not received your prize 4 weeks after the draw date, please call 1-877-514-7763 (GTA 416 514-7763), or email email@example.com.
- I received the wrong prize?
- Please call customer service at 1-877-514-7763 (GTA 416 514-7763, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What happens if a Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery WINNER lives outside of the province of Ontario (as a result of a move after purchasing a ticket)?
- For those Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery winners with delivery addresses outside of the province of Ontario, the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery will mail the prize to the purchaser. Please notify us of your address changes. PLEASE ALLOW A MINIMUM OF 4 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY OF ALL PRIZES.
- Is a winner's list available?
- A winner’s list will not be printed due to the length of the draw period (from January 1 to Dec 31, 2014). All winners are posted on the Winners Wall OR you may call Customer Service at 1-877-514-7763 (GTA 416 514-7763), OR send us an email with your name and ticket number.
- What days are the Holiday Jackpot Cash Prizes?
|Holiday & Calendar Date
|New Year's Jackpot - January 1, 2014
||January 3, 2014
|Valentine's Day Jackpot - February 14, 2014
||February 14, 2014
|St Patrick's Day Jackpot - March 17, 2014
||March 17, 2014
|Easter Jackpot - April 20, 2014
||April 21, 2014
|Victoria Day Jackpot - May 19, 2014
||May 20, 2014
|Summertime Jackpot - June 21, 2014
||June 23, 2014
|Canada Day Jackpot - July 1, 2014
||July 2, 2014
|Civic Jackpot - August 4, 2014
||August 5, 2014
|Labour Day Jackpot - September 1, 2014
||September 2, 2014
|Thanksgiving Jackpot - October 13, 2014
||October 14, 2014
|World Kindness Jackpot - November 13, 2014
||November 13, 2014
|Christmas Jackpot - December 25, 2014
||December 29, 2014
- When are the draws?
- Early Bonus Draw: Cash prize of $20,000 will take place January 2, 2014
- Early Bird Draw: Cash prize of $200,000 will take place January 2, 2014
- Daily Draws: 3 Daily prizes of $5,000 will be drawn Monday through Friday* beginning January 3, 2014
- Weekly Draws: 52 Weekly prizes of $10,000 will be drawn every Friday*
- Cash Back Draws: 17,000 cash prizes of $25 will occur on: February 5 (5,000), June 4 (5,000), September 3 (7,000)
- Monthly Draws: 12 Monthly prizes of $50,000 will be drawn on the last day of each month*
- Holiday Jackpot Draws: 12 Holiday Jackpot monthly draws of $12,000 will occur on: January 3, February 14, March 17, April 21, May 20, June 23, July 2, August 5, September 2, October 14, November 13, December 29
* Daily, Weekly and Monthly draws falling on weekend days or holidays will be drawn on the next business day. Daily and Holiday draws scheduled for January 1st and 2nd, 2014 will occur on January 3rd, 2014
- How do the Calendar Lottery draws take place?
- All eligible tokens are loaded into the drum following approved gaming guidelines. Calendar Lottery draws take place every weekday morning (excluding holidays) at Miratel Solutions Inc. The draws are supervised by 2 licensed gaming officials from Miratel Solutions Inc. and 2 Heart&Stroke staff to ensure compliance with all gaming specifications. After each winning token is drawn, verified and recorded, the token is returned to the drum. The drum is then spun a minimum of 3 full rotations before the next draw occurs. At the completion of the draws each day, the drum is sealed and stored in a room with video surveillance until the next draws.
Lost or Cancelled Tickets
- I have misplaced my Wall Calendar for the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery. Am I still eligible for the draws?
- Yes. The Official Calendar Lottery ticket numbers that are issued for the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery are automatically entered in the draw via printed tokens. Official Calendar Lottery ticket numbers are mainly intended for your records and are not required to redeem a prize.
- I never received my Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery. Am I still eligible for the draws?
- If you have not received your Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery within 4 weeks of ordering, please contact customer service to ensure that your order has been processed. They can be reached by calling 1-877-514-7763 (GTA 416-514-7763), or email email@example.com. Please provide your first and last name, your current address and your telephone number.
- Can I cancel my Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery and get a refund?
- Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery ticket orders can be canceled before the draws begin (January 2nd 2014) and purchasers will receive a refund for the amount that was paid for the ticket(s). Once the draws have begun, no refunds will be allowed.
- Can I make name changes or corrections to my ticket order?
- Any requests to change the name of any Ticket Holder must be received prior to the draw date for which the ticket is eligible and must be accompanied with the purchaser’s Government issued photo ID.
Prior to draws beginning: In accordance with gaming regulations, name changes and corrections can be processed by contacting customer service at 1-888-514-7763 (GTA 416-514-7763).
After draws have begun: In accordance with gaming regulations, name changes will not be processed; however, limited name corrections (for example, a spelling mistake – 'Cathy' to 'Kathy') can be processed by contacting customer service at 1-888-514-7763 (GTA 416-514-7763).
The only other exception will be if a Ticket Holder who becomes an employee or director of the Foundation or Miratel Solutions, Inc., making them ineligible. If such situation arises, a name change request must be made to ensure compliance to the rules.
- How do I use the Winners Wall to find out if I've won?
- There's a couple ways to use our winners wall in 2014. You can simply tab over to the current month and view the latest winners by month on the wall. You can also use our new search option to search by calendar number, last name or city. You can also search using our interactive map to see the winners of each city.
- How can I get added to your mailing list?
- To be added to our Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery mailing list and receive future Lottery information, please click here to subscribe. Any other Inquiries, please contact Customer Service 1-877-514-7763 (GTA 416 514-7763), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who is not eligible to purchase a ticket?
- Those NOT eligible to purchase or be in possession of a Calendar Lottery ticket are: Employees and directors of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada and Miratel Solutions Inc., and all persons residing in the same household with any of these individuals.
- Is the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery tax deductible?
- Lottery tickets are NON-TAX DEDUCTIBLE in accordance with Canada Customs and Revenue Agency policies. Charitable lotteries are prohibited from issuing tax receipts for lottery tickets. You CAN make a donation in addition to your ticket order and receive a tax receipt (donations over $15) for the donation portion of your order.
- Are Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery winnings taxable?
- No, lottery winnings are considered a windfall and not taxable in Canada.
- Who is Miratel Solutions Inc?
- In accordance with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario terms and conditions, we are required to work with a fulfillment centre that is a licensed Gaming Supplier. Miratel Solutions Inc. is a premier provider of inbound/outbound call centre and mail house solutions, and is licensed as a Registered Gaming Supplier with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. This designation requires an evaluation of all applicants, individuals and enterprises identified in connection with the applicant regarding personal, financial, business and criminal history. Miratel's Gaming Registration Number is: license # 00074291.
- What is the licence # of the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery?
- Lottery Licence #5674
- How are the proceeds of the Heart&Stroke Lottery used?
- All net revenue from our lottery program, (meaning all profit after prizes, marketing and operational expenses are accounted for), goes directly to life-saving research in support of our mission to prevent disease, save lives and promote recovery from heart and disease and stroke.
- How much money has the Lottery program raised for research?
- Since its inception in 1996, the lottery program has generated more than 200 million dollars for life-saving research at the Foundation. Our lottery supporters have made a tremendous difference in the lives of all Canadians with their purchases.
- What types of projects has the lottery helped fund?
- The Heart&Stroke Lottery provides much-needed support for the Heart and Stroke Foundation and its mission. For example:
- Helps fund stroke recovery research so more patients can return to the life they had before stroke
- Supports education and awareness programs on the warning signs of stroke and heart attack, so more people recognize the signs and seek medical help faster
- Funding research on breakthrough surgery to repair heart defects
- Helps fund research to create affordable, home-based rehabilitation to help more patients recover from disabling strokes and restore their lives
- How much of my Lottery purchase goes to Research?
- In the past five years, the average net revenue (meaning the profit after prizes, marketing and operations are accounted for) directed to research from the lottery program is 27 per cent. Since its inception in 1996, the lottery program has generated more than 200 million dollars for life-saving research at the Foundation. Our lottery supporters have made a tremendous difference in the lives of all Canadians with their purchases.